PostCast - Mailing List Management Software
Home Buy Download Details Support
PostCast Forums 
Home
Login Register Member List
  » PostCast Forums   » PostCast Bug Reports   » Email folders are gone/missing  

Welcome Guest ( Login or Register )

Email folders are gone/missing
Author
Forum Member
Forum Member

Group: Forum Members
Active: 8/7/2008

I have PostCast 2 and was using it today when, all of a sudden, it started running some process that tied up basically all of my CPU capacity (over 95%). I know it was a PostCast process because I checked it in the task manager. I have PostCast set to automatically check email every 15 minutes, but I had just recently clicked on Send/Receive. Does the program automatically download updates?

Anyway, I let it run (doing whatever the heck it was doing) but after a few minutes I decided to end task. Upon reopening the program, I noticed that all my email folders were gone/missing (see attached screenshot). I tried reinstalling the program, didn't help. Restarted the computer, same thing.

Attachments:

Screenshot_EmailFoldersMissing.gif
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 2/29/2008 9:05 AM
Forum Member
Forum Member

Group: Forum Members
Active: 8/7/2008

I forgot to mention one other thing. After realizing that my email folders were gone, I tried to recreate them. When I recreated one of the folders, all of the emails that had been in that folder (previous to this issue) reappeared. However, after closing the program and reopening it the folders were gone again.

Also, in addition to reinstalling the program, I tried deleting and recreating the project. That didn't help either. It appears the file system got corrupted or something.

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 3/3/2008 4:50 AM
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Group: Advanced Members
Active: 3/7/2010
The process that you killed didn't close the file properly. Also, the messages.dat file was probably becoming too big. The Microsoft Jet 3.51 database engine allows files up to 1GB and can easily become corrupted. The engine is separated from the program.

To fix the problem, open the Options screen from the Tools menu. You will find the Compact Messages button that you can click to repair the database.

If you cannot fix the problem, then delete the messages.dat file from the program's main directory. Next time you run the program the database will be recreated automatically.
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Showing page 1 of 1 - 3 messages found
« Next Oldest